Fighting on all fronts was eventually ended as the members of the Central Powers asked for Armistice.

January: Peace conference opened at Versailles.

September 15: A major offensive at Salonika. About 350,000 of the Serb, Czech, Italian, French, and British men 600,000 assigned to the force were available for duty. Opposing them were about 400,000 Bulgars. Practically all the German troops had been withdrawn except for command and staff. Covered by heavy artillery support, Serbian troops attacked the centre of the front flanked by French and Greek forces.

September 18: The penetration was successful, as was a British diversionary attack on the right.

September 25: The assault reached the Vardar, splitting the Bulgarian front. The British drive reached Strumitsa the next day, and French cavalry took Skopje on 29 September. Allied air forces created panic among the fleeing Bulgars.

September 29: The Bulgarians asked for and received an armistice.

September 19: The Royal Air Force bombed rail junctions and all Turkish army headquarters, completely paralysing communications.

September 20: By dawn the Turkish Eighth Army had ceased to exist, and the Seventh was falling back eastward in disorder toward the Jordan. The British cavalry then swept through Nazareth and turned east to reach the Jordan just south of the Sea of Galilee on 21 September. Within ten days Turkey had signed an armistice at Mudros, ending the war in the Middle East.

October 23: In Mesopotamia a British force was hurriedly pushed north from Baghdad to secure the Mosul oil fields before the expected Turkish collapse. The cavalry made for the outskirts of Mosul on November 1. After a futile confrontation the Turkish garrison of Halil Pasha agreed to march out and the British remained.

Even after the armistice was signed in Europe in 1918, the troops in German East Africa were still fighting, even though most of the colony was in the hands of the Allies.

A Soldier of the Great War Known unto God.